Friday, October 22, 2010

The Go-Sees

I had a TERRIBLE night so now I am ready to watch some Top Model! Let's get down to business!

Everyone is ecstatic that Dakota has been sent packing and reminisce about how annoying and awful she was. Ah, memories.

There is some game with chocolate and a crocodile which ends with Danielle sitting on a glass table and making some serious wreckage.



SARA MAIL! AND BOY AM I EXCITED! IT IS THE GO-SEES! God, I love those go-sees! Remember last year when Victoria put her spangly jacket on all backwards! SHAME
Anyway, Colin gives them some more product placement cars (Elza: "Ford Fiestas!Holla!") and some hot men to drive them around.

Michaela impresses this guy (and maybe not this girl by the looks of it)who tells us that she is good because "she is tall and slim. And that's a non-negotiable- she has to be". They like her for runway but not photo. It is not explained why.



Danielle impresses the people at NomD. They would book her for both runway and photo because she looks "like a model from Jean Paul Gaultier".

These two girls




would "consider booking Elza for runway" but not photo. Again, this is not explained. EDIT* EDIT* Tonight at work I ripped these girls tickets! This is the conversation:
me: "um, were you guys on top model last night?"
them: "oh god. yes"
me: "wow! I recognise you from screenshotting you for my blog"
them: "oh...that's really embarrassing"
me: (sort of starstruck)
them: "you are the first person to recognise us"
me:"hehe yes...."
them: "yeah"
me: "well! cinema 3! enjoy your movie!"

It was pretty smooth. If I ever meet a bona-fide celebrity I am going to flip my wig
They were very nice though. And kind of intimidating due to their success. I wish they would be my friends. I just looked up one of their facebooks and they like seinfeld too? so surely that could cement a friendship right?

This lady here liked Danielle's height. She would book her for runway and photo!



The girls from before from twentysevennames don't like Courtenay. They wouldn't' book her for runway or photo. Ouch.

They like Michaela, for runway not photos, and she makes the classic mistake of wearing a bright pink bra for her go sees. Do these girls not voraciously watch various top model shows? No? They have lives you say? Shut up please, we are go seeing here!

That guy who has the depressed looking assistant likes Elza and her swagger. He would book her for runway but not photo. I WISH THEY WOULD EXPLAIN WHY NOT!

He doesn't like Courtenay though. No bookings for her!

nomD on the other hand don't dig Elza and wouldn't book her for anything but they would book Michaela for photos.

Danielle continues to ace her go sees getting double ticks for runway and photos as twentysevennames and world. Meanwhile, Courtenay is lost in her little FORD FIESTA zooming around the highways of Auckland in a panic.

This makes me kind of wish Dakota was still around, can you imagine the state of her go sees!? The designers wouldn't know what hit them!? "Hey babe, can I have your card?", "Nip slip!" etc. God I miss her.

Suddenly Courtenay is at some school gym? And some photographers are there with some sports type guys and she has to shoot hoops and get a mini photoshoot done? What on earth is going on? Whatever is happening they don't like it. :(

Sable & Minx like Elza's walk but not her photo-ability. They like Michaela though and she gets ticks all around!

Danielle gets lost



Courtenay asks her driver to pull over. On the motorway. He refuses.

Meanwhile Michaela and Elza arrive at a school for the weird sportswear thing and Elza is at the door first but Michaela asks her to wait for her to put her shoes on then jumps the queue and enters first resulting in Elza having to wait outside while Michaela gets photos taken of her jumping and sweating. Elza says she wouldn't get all angry "cos its not in my nature".

The sportswear people like Michaela "she looks like a professional basketball player!" (?) and don't like Elza. Basketball just isn't in her nature I think.

In the end Courtenay is disqualified for being ten minutes late back and then is kicked when down with the information that no one liked her, she got no bookings.



Some guy from FORD shows up and tells them that the winner of this challenge gets to borrow a FORD FIESTA for 12 months and be their "brand ambassador" advertising the FORD FIESTA at "glamorous events up and down the country".

The winner is



Danielle is amped but Courtenay, in Holly style, is bummed. Danielle doesn't care for her pain though "WHATEVER! I AM THE AMBASSADOR FOR FORD FIESTA!".

Once Ford made a car called the Ford Pinto and it was very bad. Just saying.

And oh look! In more product/brand placement the photo shoot is at Glassons, the height of high fashion.

They are there to do a "fairground" shoot and the following things happen:

Elza is good. Looks like Lady Gaga
Courtenay is not so good. Overthinks it. Looks contrived.
Danielle isn't used to being sexy
Michaela has an Elza type break down
Michaela looks like she "is giving only 60%"

OMG GUYS ITS PANEL TIME

We get the usual clap-trap about ford fiestas and cleo and now it is time for the judging of

ELZA: Four of five designers would book her.



They like her photo. They like her. The guy from World thought that she "was going to be a gothbag" since she was from Dunedin and was pleasantly surprised. All is well for Elza. Welza.

DANIELLE: She got 9 bookings. I don't know how this compares to Elza. Its all very vague and confusing.



They think she looks "a little bit lost". Colin likes the flowers more than her.

MICHAELA: She booked 6 designers. Francis Hooper guy from world really digs her.



Despite her breakdown she did okay!

COURTENAY: Poor Courtenay. She cries and the guy from world tries to make her feel better about not booking her. Michaela also cries. She is empathetic. That's nice.



The guy from world is nice to her again "you are a model honey!" but Sara puts the boot in "The first thing I thought was 'where did she get those shoes?' and I don't think that's what you were trying to convey". If that is in fact what Courtenay was trying to convey then those would be some layered modelling shots!

DELIBERATION STATIONS SARA



BOTTOM TWO ARE:

Elza and Courtenay!

Eliminated is....

COURTENAY!

See ya Courtenay.

And look at this! next week THE GRAND FINALE WALK OFF is in fact at Wearable Arts! I can't believe I have seen their final walk! I am so confused and excited and confused and hungry.

SO! Who's it going to be in the final? Based on the ads and my very limited guessing of people in WoW I am going to go with Michaela and Elza. This is a big call though given that Danielle is the flavour of the month. WHAT DO YOU THINK INTERNET?!

1 comment:

  1. I was friends with the girls from twentysevennames at school. I could totally hook you up! Except not, 'cause I haven't seen them since we were about 10. I'm just trying to jump on the celebrity bandwagon. It's pretty sad really... :-)

    ReplyDelete